- Substitutes who have been offered a job will be given a Substitute Employee Paperwork Packet that will need to be filled out. Once completed, the substitute will need to contact the Substitute Office to schedule an appointment to submit the paperwork and get fingerprinted for a background check. Please refer to the Checklist included in the packet to help track progress with requirements. Paperwork will not be accepted without an scheduled appointment.
Along with the completed forms, bring:
- Identification: Refer
to List of Acceptable Documents on page (9) of the Form I-9 document in Substitute Employee Paperwork Packet - one document from list A or one document from list B and one from list C. We will need to retain a copy of the new hires social security card to be kept on file (this can count as the list C document)
- $30 background
check fee (Cash or Check only). See below for fingerprint days and times.
fingerprints taken for a LiveScan background check:
is conducted for new hires on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 2:00 p.m. -
4:00 p.m. for walk-ins. Appointments are available on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00
a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Contact Georgette Shosted at (435) 833-1900 ext. 1100 for scheduling.
Being activated to work:
Once the submitted paperwork has been processed, and fingerprints have been completed, the substitute will be processed for hire and activated to work. The substitute will then be sent orientation and training information via email.
(1) Aesop Training - "Welcome to Aesop":
completion of the hiring process the substitute will be activated and sent a
"Welcome" email which includes the login and training links for Aesop,
our absence tracking system. The substitute
is to watch the Aesop training videos, log onto site and set up
parameters for seeing and accepting substitute assignments.
(2) Non-Teaching Substitute Orientation:
Substitute will be emailed Orientation
information including the Substitute Employee Handbook. Substitute is to sign and date the acknowledgment of understanding page, then send to the Substitute Office.
(3) Annual Mandatory SafeSchools Training on-line:
Once the hiring process has been completed in Human Resources, substitute will be sent an email with instructions on how to access and complete the annual SafeSchools mandatory video training course.
Substitute cannot access the training prior to receiving this email.
This training may be done on your personal computer, a
school computer or at the district office on computers designated for employee
training. Please contact the school or the Substitute Office to schedule a time for you
to complete your training on one of the district computers.
- The substitute must complete the training within two weeks of date indicated on the email, or the substitute will be inactivated. If the training is not done within 30 days of inactivation, TCSD will process the substitute for employment separation.
If you have questions or need help, please contact:
Dawn Alys Capito
Substitute Office Coordinator
(435) 833-1900 ext. 1114